On February 19, women hotel housekeeper members of Workers United of Western North Carolina were present at the community forum sponsored by Western NC Green Party to discuss the Buncombe County Tourism Development Authority. They shared their testimonies of how the booming hotel industry in Asheville is built on the backs of under-paid women workers of color.
- National COSH Recognizes Western North Carolina Workers’ Center with the 2021 Workers’ Leadership Award
- WNC Workers’ Center Files Lawsuit Against NC Dept. of Labor Over COVID-19 Workplace Protections
- Western NC Workers Center Holds Its 10th Annual Women’s Congress
- WNC Workers’ Center Remembers Lives Lost from COVID-19 and Calls on NC Dept. of Labor to Take Action
- Western North Carolina Workers’ Center Stands In Solidarity with the Movement for Black Lives