Western North Carolina Workers’ Center is excited to announce the addition of two new staff organizers. Lorena Lopez, originally from Mexico City, lives in Hendersonville and has participated in the Western North Carolina Workers’ Center leadership circles over the past several years. Lorena will be leading the organizing efforts in Asheville and Hendersonville. Ana Ramirez, of Guatemalan origin, grew up in Morganton and is excited about the opportunity to organize the Guatemalan worker community in the town she calls home. She is a firm believer in building community power and finding ways to support one’s hometown even after pursuing or in pursuit of higher education.
- Rapid Response Fund for Immigrant Workers in WNC
- Organizational Update on the Coronavirus
- Hotel Housekeeper Members of Workers’ United of WNC Participate In The Green Party’s Community Forum on Buncombe County’s TDA
- Western North Carolina Workers’ Center Adds Two New Staff Organizers
- Western North Carolina Workers’ Center Seeking Two Organizers