Popular Education Consultants, Inc from Florida facilitated the first strategic planning workshop for Western North Carolina Workers Center in Asheville, NC this past February 16, 17. During the event, organizational worker members, staff, members of the board of directors, and strategic allies, utilized Popular Education methodology (mapping, energy fields, and Comics-history) to analyze the contextual challenges the organization needs to face to respond to the workers’ needs of support. In addition, the staff and board of directors participated in an internal analysis workshop where they analyzed the internal reality of the organization in terms of its programs, structures, mechanisms of coordination/communication, and resources. The event was inspirational, funny, intense, but inspiring work.
- Western North Carolina Workers’ Center Adds Two New Staff Organizers
- Western North Carolina Workers’ Center Seeking Two Organizers
- Western North Carolina Workers’ Center Selects New Leadership
- FAN’s Dia de los Muertos Highlights of Health and Safety Injustices
- WNC Workers’ Center and Grace Covenant Presbyterian of Asheville: A Collaborative Partnership